Bubble Browse hits the interwebs

It’s that time of year again when the accommodation talk starts buzzing and everyone begins to get nervous about living in a mould-covered shack somewhere near Morrisons. However, this year […]

It’s that time of year again when the accommodation talk starts buzzing and everyone begins to get nervous about living in a mould-covered shack somewhere near Morrisons. However, this year students may find it a bit easier with the introduction of Bubble Browse into the St Andrews market.

Second year Allen Farrington has created a new website solely dedicated to helping students find accommodation in St Andrews. Bubble Browse works to match students with estate agents, as well as search for properties from all participating regional agents. The service is completely free, a relief for students saving actual pennies to afford their own rental next year.

The website’s creation was the result of Allen’s personal experiences trying to find accommodation last year, which The Stand imagines was quite bad to warrant an attempted revamp of the housing system. He said that there “wasn’t anything wrong with any of the application processes, but there didn’t seem to be any reason why it couldn’t be centralised”.

The idea of the website is to make the housing industry in St Andrews more accessible by assisting students in the search process. Each letting agency will have complete control of their own part and Allen said that their responses have been “largely quite enthusiastic”.

To find out more or sign up for Bubble Browse, click here.

Image courtesy of standrewsfreshers.com