Will and Kate grace us with their presence

Will and Kate may be donning their red trousers once again, as they are attending a St Andrews charity dinner in London on November 8th. The event will support students […]

Will and Kate may be donning their red trousers once again, as they are attending a St Andrews charity dinner in London on November 8th.

The event will support students who have benefitted from university scholarships, which have been given to those who otherwise would not be able to attend St Andrews. The black tie gala is a part of the 600th Anniversary campaign, which the Duke of Cambridge launched in February.

Association President Freddie Fforde , The Other Guys, and a student violinist named Maebh Martin will be attending the event, provoking great jealousy from students who decided against running for Sabbatical officer or cultivating any sort of artistic ability. Principal Richardson and other university officials will also be in attendance to greet St Andrews’ original power couple.

First year, Laura Connoway, told The Stand, “I’m just going to have to lie to my grandmum and say that I was there, as she would be heartbroken if I didn’t meet Will and Kate during my four years here.” Another fresher agreed, saying, “as an American, I will be taking the opportunity to tell everyone I know that my school casually hosted a Duke and Duchess. No other uni has produced as handsome a prince as ours has. Before his bald spot happened, I mean.”

Prince William spoke of the importance of student financial assistance when he said “It’s knowing that so many of Scotland’s finest brains and great achievers gained – and continue to gain – inspiration from this place that makes me so proud to be the Patron of our University’s 600th Anniversary Appeal.”

How far would you go to get an invite?

Image: University of St Andrews