Made in Chelsea Series 4, Episode 2

This week on MIC, Binky and Jamie played golf, Spencer took another man to the spa, and Millie got THE CUTEST DOG EVER. Yes, the gang was all over Chelsea […]

This week on MIC, Binky and Jamie played golf, Spencer took another man to the spa, and Millie got THE CUTEST DOG EVER. Yes, the gang was all over Chelsea – cavorting, double dating and generally questioning Ollie’s sexuality as they moved from bowling alley to bowling alley, desperately looking for the comforting embrace of another pseudo-reality television star.

Actually, this week, we got to leave the confines of Chelsea for the rolling greens of the golf course–mostly to watch Jamie, Binky, Andy and his annoying friend do some weird, flirty, foursome foreplay thingy. It was all very odd, and not all that entertaining. What was much better were the cut-aways to Spencer’s spa/gym man-date. Sitting in the sauna, looking sadly at his own flabby stomach, Spenny glibly invited his ‘old boy’ (and Andy) to his birthday party–which, obvs, was not weird because it wasn’t like Andy was hitting on Louise last week or anything. Regardless, Spencer is totes chill when it comes to Louise.

This weirdness seemed to persist into Ollie’s portion of the show this week—a bowling filled night of awkward hair-envy spent with Richard, Kimberly’s replacement and a new (possible?) love interest, Danielle. Thankfully Cheska wasn’t here this time to make things even worse–I mean, come on–can she think of more inappropriate times to bring up breakdowns and sexual choices? Girlfriend’ got no tact. Either way, Ollie was sure to make things just as bad–intervention or not–so after some cumbersome flirting he decided to invite her to Spencer’s birthday party. Are we seeing a trend here? I think yes.

Fast forward to the event of the week: everyone and their plus-ones arrive at Spenny’s b’day fête ready to pair off and open joint bank accounts. Binky was all confused about Jamie (and vice versa) while Andy attempted to make himself look better than Spencer—who by this point was wearing the “titty tassels” given to him by the lads (1-0, Andy). All of a sudden Gabriella popped up (looking crazy as ever) and there was more fun to be had by all! (Except of course the majority of the cast who–queue sad XX song–just want to be loved.) Still, all’s well that ends well–our heroes this week wrapped things up on an accomplished if not depressed note: having exhausted their endogamous (anthropology win!) options, next week they might start to look outside of the tribe.

Image: E4