Students encouraged to CoppaFeel

Breast cancer charity CoppaFeel! is coming to St Andrews and their message is clear: it’s time to feel yourself up. Endorsed by the School of Medicine, CoppaFeel! Boob teams are […]

Breast cancer charity CoppaFeel! is coming to St Andrews and their message is clear: it’s time to feel yourself up.

Endorsed by the School of Medicine, CoppaFeel! Boob teams are aiming to spread the practice of routine chest checks in the shower amongst all students. The campaign is designed to familiarise students with the symptoms of breast cancer.

By supplying students with the knowledge to perform a short, comprehensive check in the shower, CoppaFeel! hopes to prevent late detection and misdiagnosis of breast cancer.

“When’s the best time to check your boobs? Well, in short, any time is good for Boob Time.” CoppaFeel! Founder and C.E.O. Kristin Hallenga said. “To keep it simple, we’re reminding students to do it in the shower. No more excuses, you’re already starkers and your boobs need some attention!”

Getting frisky in the shower isn’t just for girls. According to CoppaFeel!, in the UK alone, 47,700 women and 300 men are diagnosed with breast cancer each year.

In order to spread the message of the importance of boob checks, CoppaFeel! has established their shower campaign in 36 universities nationwide. A healthy trip to second base is only a hop, skip and a jump to the shower away.

To learn more about CoppaFeel!, visit their website here. You can also find out how to join a boob team or see what they are up to by visiting here!