Five things you must listen to: week six

1) Doom and Gloom The Rolling Stones Tickets for the band’s 50th anniversary tour sold out in just seven minutes this week. If you don’t fancy persuading your parents to re-mortgage their […]

1) Doom and Gloom The Rolling Stones

Tickets for the band’s 50th anniversary tour sold out in just seven minutes this week. If you don’t fancy persuading your parents to re-mortgage their home to purchase them on ebay, why not download the new single instead?  

2) Button Up Your Coat The Tin Pigeons

Are you a folk fan who reckons Mumford are getting a little bit too mainstream for your liking? Why not give these guys a bash? This song got so many downloads on Soundcloud, they had to make it available on iTunes!

3) Break the Spell Rachel Zeffira

The non-Horrors half of Cat’s Eyes has released this solo single ahead of her debut album, due to be released in December. Oh, and it’s free. 

4) I’m Shakin’ Jack White

Here’s a shiny new video to celebrate the availability of this song for pre-order. Fun fact: this is the only cover on the Blunderbuss album. The original is an oldie by Little Willie John and also worth a wee listen. 

5) End of the World Deap Vally 

Supporting Muse on the European tour this Autumn, these ladies will knock your little woolly socks off. 

Bonus STAR show of the week chosen by Emily Corvo: Tuesday night

If supporting local student DJs is up your alley, give the Tuesday night DJ block a shout. Featuring hour-long sets from  B-Sides, Tallent + Droscha, Fife Trax and Skwiggo, you’ll be caught up with all the latest and greatest in electronic, house and underground. Tallent + Droscha actually live mix their show, sadly a dying art form, and Fife Trax play a mix of music from the 70s right up to the present. Tune in from 8.

image  © billboard images