St Andrews to create human crest for 600th

Staff and students are being urged to join forces to assemble a giant University crest that will be aerially photographed from St Sallies Tower. The event, organised by the Chinese […]

Staff and students are being urged to join forces to assemble a giant University crest that will be aerially photographed from St Sallies Tower.

The event, organised by the Chinese Hongpao Society as part of the Student Association’s Your 600th project, is attempting to get as many people as possible involved in order to cover the whole lawn.

Students, especially those who want to live out their childhood Art Attack fantasies, have the opportunity to don their red gowns and compose the rampant lion. It should be a roaring success. Those without gowns will be able to form the other parts of the shield, whilst the book of learning will be made up of staff members.

The Hongpao Society said that “it will be a great opportunity to show the diversity and fraternity among St Andrews students and staff. It is also a chance to spread the knowledge of our University Coat of Arms and to show our love to the University.”

A practice event is scheduled to place on October 24th, with the final photograph being taken a week later on October 31st.

Sign up and get involved!