To the (North) Point!

Hurray, I’m back and this week I made an expedition to the North Point café. Apparently Kate and Wills met there for coffee, a lovely story which conveniently gives me […]

Hurray, I’m back and this week I made an expedition to the North Point café. Apparently Kate and Wills met there for coffee, a lovely story which conveniently gives me a strong foundation for some terrible puns. You have been warned.

Thoughts on my first visit: ‘Wow, this door is stiff… Maybe it’s a push door.’ ‘Oh bugger, it’s closed.’

On my second visit, the door opened. Yay! Thank goodness, as my stomach was making a royal rumble. It was warm, friendly, and populated mainly by families and older couples. It’s not exactly a place to whip out your Mac and pretend to write an essay (I’ve seen you, Mr Hipster) but more of a traditional café-for-all. Feeling welcome but somewhat princess-less, I decided comfort eating would solve that problem nicely. Wow! What a selection. Pancakes, bagels, ciabattas, and sandwiches with fillings fit for a…well, you know. Hungry for animals, I ordered the ‘club’ bagel: roast turkey, grilled bacon, mayo and salad (£5.30), as well as my statutory Americano (£1.50). Worth it?

Hellz yeah! There was no forsakin’ the bacon, both meats were plentiful and delicious. And get this, roast potatoes on the side! Princess Kate? No thanks, I’ve got King Edwards. Mind blown; stomach happy. Oh, and the coffee they serve is ’Italian Aroma’. I gotta get more Italian friends, they smell awesome. One of my favourite cups of coffee in St Andy’s to date! I gladly handed over my £10 note, wondering how Wills felt as he did the same, and feeling jealous that I can’t use photos of my granny as currency.

I visited the toilets, purely to give them a ‘royal flush’, and bid the North Point farewell, feeling very satisfied. There’s no heirs and graces about this place, so next time you lumber out of the library for lunch, don’t miss the Point!

Image: ©http://www.stravaiging.com