STAR’t me up

With 32 new shows on the schedule and 78 in total, this year’s STAR features shows that interact with the St Andrews community, and includes interviews with faculty members, PhD […]

With 32 new shows on the schedule and 78 in total, this year’s STAR features shows that interact with the St Andrews community, and includes interviews with faculty members, PhD students and locals. Shows vary from music and talk shows to those that discuss political and foreign affairs, and news bulletins are broadcast every day at 5:30pm alongside student programmes. Produced by and run for students, STAR aims to act as voice for the student body, and listeners are able to interact with the presenters in real time using the Buzz Box on the website; a perfect place for debate or song requests!

Always interested in promoting different events around St Andrews, STAR is involved with many societies as well as the Union, their sponsor. The first giveaway of the semester is for the Voices festival taking place 18th to 21st October. STAR is giving away two festival passes and four tickets. Just ‘like’ the St Andrews Voices photo on Facebook to enter!

In addition to daily broadcasts, STAR’s website operates both a news blog and, new this year, the music blog Hearing Aid. Headed by Kelly, Hearing Aid is a blog that branches outside of the Bubble. It will feature new music releases, album and track reviews as well as artist interviews. Jasper believes that the blog has the ability to rival larger scale music blogs, as Kelly is heavily involved in gigs all over the UK and has a finely tuned ear for the current music scene.

Take a look at Toby Marsh monkeying around the newly improved new STAR studio! 

Tune into STAR to hear the best music, chat, and news from St Andrew’s student body, 7 days a week between 12pm and 12am. 

STAR will be showcasing a STAR DJ this year in the Union bar. Any group or event interested in receiving promotion from STAR should contact the station through their website or via email.

Photo ©Star Radio