Five things you must do this week…

Party – A Comedy by Tom Basden: Our finest comedic performers, handpicked from The St Andrews Revue and Blind Mirth, come together to tackle a script hailed as one of the […]

Party – A Comedy by Tom Basden: Our finest comedic performers, handpicked from The St Andrews Revue and Blind Mirth, come together to tackle a script hailed as one of the most hilarious things ever to emerge out of the foaming pool of imagination that is the Fringe. Tom Basden, co-writer of the Channel 4 smash hit ‘Fresh Meat’, has received countless awards and nominations for being a fucking hysterical guy, and Party is one of his best-loved pieces. With this writer and those actors, it can’t not be funny – Tuesday and Wednesday at the Byre, 8pm.

Bubble Bath: It’s a busy week for the comedians in St Andrews as they also take over Venue 1 on Thursday night for a charade fusing all great TV panel shows and, for some reason, the Antiques Roadshow. Presented by St Andrews’ Glaswegian answer to Paddy McGuinness, Leon O’Rourke, and featuring rounds of mime, bop photos and stand-up challenges, you cannot argue with the mere £1 ticket fee.

One Britain, Many Cultures: The History Society are celebrating Black History Month this Tuesday, with a wine reception in Parliament Hall. This event is a completely free way to feel as though you’ve made an effort to learn something, as it features dance, poetry and a photo exhibition. All are welcome to come experience and celebrate the contribution of Ethnic Minorities in the UK.

ST.ART Video Launch: We’ve been hearing a lot about these creative types recently, and ST.ART have pulled yet another chic event out of the bag. Fresh from the debut of their stylish new website, Tuesday evening sees the launch of their new video section, with an evening of both professional and student films showing at The Vic. They say it’s going to be a relaxed affair with a few drinks, some great video art and a lot of homemade popcorn – count us in.

CATWALK Auditions: This catwalk is university affiliated and 100% of its profits go to RAG Week’s six designated charities. Each year gets bigger and better so trust us on this one, if you’re FIERCE, you’ll wanna be part of the fun. Strut to Venue 2 between 12 and 8pm on Sunday to show ’em whatchu got – ALL are welcome!

Image ©Amy Thompson