The Standtorialist

Welcome to the Standtorialist: a fashion column to display some of the street styles in St Andrews. Having recently taken over this lovely tradition, I am ready to highlight the […]

Welcome to the Standtorialist: a fashion column to display some of the street styles in St Andrews. Having recently taken over this lovely tradition, I am ready to highlight the individualism that makes up our little community. So beware, fellow St Andreans, I will be scouring the campus. Give me the best you’ve got!

I’d like to give you a little taste of what I am looking for when I make my way around town with a Starbucks Soya Latte. I want to find people who don’t necessarily buy the type of clothes that every other person in St Andrews owns, but instead mix and match unique pieces of clothing and jewelry. I hope to find students who are not afraid of trying new things and wear exactly what they want to wear, which a lot of the time can be intimidating in our little bubble.

I am incredibly honoured to be the new Standtorialist, since I love fashion – that’s right, I have a ‘passion-for-fashion’.

Image

Cata emulating the changing seasons, in deep shades of autumn

Ruoyang rocking some old-school academia-chic

Shirley in a fab, subtle, monochrome get-up

Beautifully comfortable, snug… and WHOA shoes!

Madeleine as warm, classy fall simplicity

Jack/Gustaf/Casey/Emile looking dapper and ready for a pop album cover (couldn’t resist!)