Sunday League: Demons, blood, sweat & tears

This week, we interview star Demons player Hugo Mörse, merely hours after a thrilling 5-3 victory over The Beavers. How competitive does the S.L. get and has there ever been […]

This week, we interview star Demons player Hugo Mörse, merely hours after a thrilling 5-3 victory over The Beavers.

How competitive does the S.L. get and has there ever been a punch-up?

Hugo: There is a lot of heat on the pitch and sometimes it does culminate in a fight or argument, but a lot of the guys are friends outside of football and get along really well so, even if there is something on the pitch, at the end of the game everyone walks off as friends and shows sportsmanship.

What does it feel like to play with a hangover?

H: It is really part of the game and excitement. Everyone knows that even if they feel like shit they will still be there. Guys have thrown up on the pitch in past times, but it’s all part of Sunday League.

Have you got a message to send to any other team?

H: I’d like to take this opportunity to send a word to the Beavers and remind them of the score. We clearly smashed them today and showed who’s best.

Who’s your favourite pro player?

H: Zlatan Ibrahimovich.

One thing you love and one thing you hate about S.L.?

H: I love the Demons and I hate all the other teams.

Which pro player would you love to punch?

H: I’d maybe give Zlatan a punch of love. He is a great player but he can sometimes be a real diva.

Next week, a one-on-one with a member of The Strokers!

The King sits victorious. 
(from left to right: Groupie #1, Hugo, Groupie #2)

Image© talksport.co.uk