St Andrews remains top of the Scots

St Andrews ranked 5th in the UK and 1st in Scotland in the latest Sunday Times University League Table. This marks a one place improvement on last year’s table. Above […]

St Andrews ranked 5th in the UK and 1st in Scotland in the latest Sunday Times University League Table.

This marks a one place improvement on last year’s table. Above the oldest university in Scotland were: Cambridge, Oxford, Bath (!?), and Durham (eurgh).

This latest table sees St Andrews score particularly highly for Ucas entry points, and low dropout rates. We also did well in other tables like ‘Most Overseas Students’ (2nd).

On hearing that St Andrews was 38.8% Overseas Students, third year Mimi from the USA commented, “That makes sense. I can’t go anywhere without tripping over another American.”

A University spokesperson told The Stand, “We are delighted to be judged to be one of the UK’s top five universities and to have improved our standing in this league table, especially when standards are so high and competition for the top places is so intense.”

“It is a reflection on the hard work and commitment of all who work and study here.”

St Andrews’ shining subjects:

Politics (IR): 2nd

Social Anth, Classical Languages: 3rd

Physical Geo, Medicine, History and Archeology, Philosophy and Theology: 5th

English, Econ, Maths, Human Geo, European Languages: 6th

Image: stusmith_uk