Five things you must listen to: week 2

1) The xx Tides Fresh from a main stage performance at last week’s Bestival festival, kicking off their first North American tour next month and with their second studio album, […]

1) The xx Tides

Fresh from a main stage performance at last week’s Bestival festival, kicking off their first North American tour next month and with their second studio album, Coexist, debuting at number one in the UK album chart on Sunday, things are going pretty well for The xx. Have a wee gander at this track off the new album.

2) Grizzly Bear Yet Again

Another lot with a new album out this week (it’s that time of year, folks), have a listen to the lead single from back in August and pretend you’re still on summer break.

3) Lianne La Havas Forget

This time last week, La Havas only had an amazing debut album out. Now she has a new single and a Mercury Music Prize nomination to go along with it. You go girl!

4) The Killers Runaways

You’ve probably heard this song on the radio. A lot. But who cares? This week, The Killers made a triumphant return with new album, Battle Born – and some of us are still a wee bit excited about it.

5) TJ Muller & the Dixie Six Black Coffee

Fancy yourself as a little bit old school? Have a wee listen to this Edinburgh-based Dixieland band who released some new recordings this week.

http://soundcloud.com/tj-muller/black-coffee

Photo © Anna Gudnason