University Charities raise over £100,000

On Monday, students gathered to celebrate and present a cheque in honour of the extraordinary amount of money that was raised last year by St Andrean Students. (Over £100,000!) The […]

On Monday, students gathered to celebrate and present a cheque in honour of the extraordinary amount of money that was raised last year by St Andrean Students. (Over £100,000!)

The event included six nominated charity representatives, the Association President, photographers, representatives from some Fife newspapers and the executive members of the Charities Campaign.

Kelsey Gold, Convener of the campaign, said, “We are very proud of the fundraising success that the charities campaign and affiliate charitable groups achieved. We are excited to build upon this accomplishment and will endeavour to raise even more this year in support of the great work of our charities.”

The charities to benefit from this donation include Maggie’s Fife, CHAS, RNLI, Families First, Macmillan and MSF.

Lewis Harding, third year, commented on the recent announcement: “I love that St Andrews students are able to donate so much; it must be why I can never afford anything at Tesco”.

Keep up the good work, St Andrews – and maybe we could beat our record again.