Five things you must do this week…

Congrats on making it through Freshers’ alive! Show everyone how much of a right nutter you are by completing The Stand’s top five for the second week in a row… […]

Congrats on making it through Freshers’ alive! Show everyone how much of a right nutter you are by completing The Stand’s top five for the second week in a row…

StandBack: Topping our list this week is the biggest and best event to hit St Andrews since a certain little launch party last October – this Friday B-Sides and MiniMood, the faces of St Andrews music and the genius behind St Andrews fashion, come together for the first time. We know you love cheap drinks, so for the £5 entry fee we will give you two totally free ones as well as a Rascals discount card. Because we’re super pretentious, this is a guest-list only event. Tickets will be sold between 12 and 1pm on Monday and Tuesday outside the Union. Come or be forever disappointed that you missed the highlight of the social calendar (yes, apparently there is a St Andrews ‘social calendar’).

Very Vintage Fashion Fair: It’s back bigger and better than before, Venue 1 will host a genuine treasure trove with stalls representing the best of vintage fashion from across Scotland. Get there on time to fight through the hipsters, doors open at 11am sharp with a nominal £2 entry. Be prepared to bargain hard.

Press Play: It’s a veritable feast for the arty and alternative among you this week, as the creative societies congregate at the Vic on Tuesday night. Come along to meet the Art and History of Art societies, Inklight’s creative writing gang, the Design Team and the cool cats from ST.ART magazine. Bring your moleskins along to sketch with whilst you listen to live music and drink jam-jar cocktails. Ultimate arty fest.

Late night Jannettas: Have you been to the famous ice cream parlour yet? Sampled a selection of their 52 flavours, which includes Irn Bru and elderflower? Yes? But have you been at night…? Now open until 9pm, trade in dinnertime Dervish for a glorious four-scoop cone, rum and raisin if you’re still in Fresher mode.

Go to a lecture: Just one or two. We know they’re only introductory, but keen is the new cool. Plus it will give you a heads-up as to whether a register is taken, and warn you when to jump on MMS to avoid that 9am Friday tutorial. Enjoy the week, and we’ll see you on Friday night…