St Andrews discounts you can count on

St Andrews’ own student discount scheme KeyCard will be handing out free discount cards for one day only this Freshers’ week, with a chance for one lucky card owner to […]

St Andrews’ own student discount scheme KeyCard will be handing out free discount cards for one day only this Freshers’ week, with a chance for one lucky card owner to win a pair of Beats headphones. Set up by a group of students ten months ago with just three businesses, KeyCard now support almost 40 businesses in and around St. Andrews.

Cards have already been distributed to pre-season athletes, some halls of residences and The Stand. Thursday (tomorrow) will be your last chance to get hold of a free one before they are sold in the Union shop from next week. Check out the interactive map on the KeyCard homepage, for an easy guide on where you can use your card.

KeyCard has been supported by both the Union and the Merchants’ Association of St Andrews for promoting local businesses and getting students spending on the high street. Before the invention of KeyCard, student discounts in St Andrews were rare, poorly advertised and many independent businesses were overlooked. A survey showed that students saved over £200 just last semester by using KeyCard and its many offers, while at the same time supporting the local community.

Discounts are amazing, and so is dis count:

You can pick your card up from 1 Golf Place, this Thursday 2-6pm. To be eligible you must have liked the KeyCard Facebook page, which will keep you up to date. The headphones draw will take place on September 30th.

Here’s our pick of the best on offer at the moment.

Top 5 offers for Freshers’ week!

1. Any takeaway Panini and drink from Gorgeous for £4 instead of £5.50. Show your KeyCard to the server to get the deal.

2. 10% off at Tailend Fish Bar when you use your KeyCard

3. 2-4-1 burgers at 1 Golf Place, Carling bottles £1.29 and Doubles from £3.

4. Free £15 Bella Italia voucher when you take a LoveFilm.com 30 day trial. http://bit.ly/PXxrwl

5. 20% off your bill at Maisha when you sit in, including drinks, making a 2 course meal less than £10 and a pint cost around £2.