Five things you must do this week…

This week The Stand isn’t going to waste words promoting the stuff you’ve already heard about, like Tinchy or Rudimental – here’s some under-the-radar events you should be seen at, Freshers’… […]

This week The Stand isn’t going to waste words promoting the stuff you’ve already heard about, like Tinchy or Rudimental – here’s some under-the-radar events you should be seen at, Freshers’…

The Fresher’s Debate: A chance to catch the Editor of The Scotsman, Scottish correspondent for the Guardian, the Broadcasting Editor of STV, the Sun sports correspondent, and The Stand‘s very own Co-Editor – all fighting it out to decide if This House Would Sell Its Scandals to the Sun. Guaranteed to be an explosive introduction to the St Andrews Union Debating Society, with a port reception starting at 7.30pm in Lower Parliament Hall.

The Pierwalk: If you’ve spent an extortionate amount of money on a gown then start getting some real use out of it, rather than just covering your naughty bits when you have to dash to the bathroom at 3am. Meet in Sallies quad at 12pm to partake in the age-old tradition.

Yacht Party: The best alternative to the new SinCity night, two dance floors across Bar Catch with a selection of fantastic imported DJs. Tickets on sale outside the Union Tuesday and Thursday for what promises to be a massive night.

St Andrews Speakeasy: Dig out the flapper dresses and bowler hats to head up to Venue 2 on Sunday night for the Swing Dance society’s Prohibition Night. Fans of Jazz, this is absolutely unmissable, only £2 entry with a free Swing Dance taster session from 8pm.

That Party Next Door: If you can hear Calvin Harris pumping through the walls, give your neighbours a knock to join the fun. Or if the door is on the latch, just stroll right in! Freshers’ is for making new friends, so don’t steal anything.

Image: johnnyferreira.com