Geordie goes global

On Thursday night, second year Geordie Stewart will be hitting our screens in his very own Discovery Channel documentary. The feature is presented by two-time Olympic gold medalist James Cracknell […]

On Thursday night, second year Geordie Stewart will be hitting our screens in his very own Discovery Channel documentary.

The feature is presented by two-time Olympic gold medalist James Cracknell and tracks Mr Stewart’s progress as he tackles the 7 Summits challenge – summiting the highest mountain on each continent.

In 2010, Geordie got within 120m of the summit of Everest but had to turn back due to three of his teammates contracting severe altitude sickness. Trying again in 2011, he finally summited the highest mountain on earth on May 27th. This made Mr Stewart the youngest Brit to ever complete the seven summits.

Mr Stewart told The Stand, “Having an hour-long documentary on my 7 Summits attempt is a very surreal and exciting thing to happen. It is the culmination of four years of hard work from myself and others. The programme is, I hope, a very interesting one and might give people an insight into a number of ways to challenge themselves.”

The Ultimate Climb airs at 21:00 GMT, May 17 on The Discovery Channel.