Five things you should do this week…

The Alleycats: We just can’t get enough of them at The Stand. They wowed us at the Byre a cappella concert and now they’re performing at the Baptist Church on […]

The Alleycats: We just can’t get enough of them at The Stand. They wowed us at the Byre a cappella concert and now they’re performing at the Baptist Church on South Street on Thursday at 7:30pm. They’re going to sing some of their classics as well as some new musical treats for your ears. It’s only £5 and tickets are available on the door.

The Heritage Issue Launch Party: This Friday join the wonderful people at Stereoscope for the launch of their latest issue at the Sailing Club. The theme is Heritage and we’ve had a little peek at the photos and they are flippin’ mesmerising. Stereoscope always put on a lovely night and this is going to be no exception featuring DJ Falk Morawitz, Squeeze cocktails (but you can also BYOB), copies of the Stereoscope magazine for only £4 and tote bags, a steal at £5. It’s going to be the last student event held at the Sailing Club and guess what, entry is free!

Springboks Balgrove Brai: The newly launched ‘Springboks: St Andrews South Africa Society’ has certainly caught on to ‘sex sells’ in St Andrews when marketing their exciting ‘Springboks Balgove Braai’. So I could use this feature to talk about how much I love Balgove Larder (like real fruit and vegetables, meat that actually came from an animal that once grazed a field in Fife rather than a water-pumping Tesco factory, and fruit scones the size of your fucking fist), or I could warble on and on about how much I love a tasty Braai and reminisce about days spent on the Western Cape. But you know what, I’m just going to shout about how freakin’ hot the face-painted poster-girls and boys are playing vuvuzelas and pouting into the camera lens. Buy, beg or steal a £15 ticket to the Braai at Balgove. It’s this Friday from 2-7pm. Experience fine South African cuisine, drinking culture and music from Ebony and Ivory (I’ve heard great things… and they’re headlining the VIP tent at May Ball) all afternoon.

Kate Kennedy Charity May Ball: Needs no introduction, see you on the bus to Kinkell. Or if you’re a gimp you can go by helicopter. For realz.

STAND DOWN! The Stand’s End of Semester Party: We love a cheeky bit of self-promotion here at The Stand. Our Party is gunna be off the hook. Ma Bells (crazy) from 10pm til close. With vodka mixes starting at a tidy £1.50, the night promises to be a wild one (maybe even #HDYGSD-worthy?). We’ve loved this year with you, now come and celebrate it with us.