Employability Week gets professional

From 9th to 13th April, the Union is hosting a series of notable speakers to talk to you about their field of work. Whether you are interested in hearing Richard […]

From 9th to 13th April, the Union is hosting a series of notable speakers to talk to you about their field of work. Whether you are interested in hearing Richard Demarco explore his career in contemporary art and theatre, Johnny Lynch discuss owning a record label – which he treats more as a hobby than a job (lucky guy); if you’d like to hear Chest, Heart & Stroke Scotland, CHASE Africa and Mary’s Meals promote the altruistic job sector, or our very own Rector on working in the media industry; if you want to enter the public sector and are interested in discussing the effect of budget cuts with the Depute General Secretary of the STUC and the GMB Regional Secretary, or if you love economics or think you can save us from the recession and plan to listen to Lloyds TSB’s Ewan Brown, or if like us, you are eager to meet a successful Political journalist from the BBC, you should check it out. There is (almost) something for everybody!

And if your dream is to become a surgeon, builder or gardener, you can join in on Wednesday or Thursday and learn how to interview, how to write your CV, or you can hear how to set up a business from Anne Watson, the Global HR Director of Worldmark International.

Sadly, most of us have to get a job someday so put your bitterness about missing out on a national bank holiday on hold, get out of bed/the library/the pub and head to an event.

Check out the union website for timings and venues

Photo © Yourunion.net