Piece of Mind

‘Art is a human activity consisting in this, that one man consciously, by means of certain external signs, hands on to others feelings he has lived through, and that other […]

Art is a human activity consisting in this, that one man consciously, by means of certain external signs, hands on to others feelings he has lived through, and that other people are infected by these feelings and also experience them.’ Leo Tolstoy

Have you ever cried about housing, work or deadlines? Have you felt angry at your lack of money or the cost of living in St Andrews? Frustrated that it’s sunny outside and you’re stuck in the library? Exhausted, homesick or overwhelmed? Have you been excited about the future, ecstatic about an event, contented, or proud of your grades, achievements, friends or family? Or maybe you’ve experienced that strange limbo where you aren’t quite sure what you’re feeling… This exhibition is for you.

St Andrews’ Mental Wealth committee are putting on an event that will allow anyone with any level of artistic talent to express themselves visually. It’s an opportunity for the committee to raise awareness about mental health amongst the student body. Piece of Mind is accepting submissions until 18th April in order for the curators to get the exhibit ready for 23rd. Submissions can be anonymous or signed, and can range from doodles on a scrap of paper to words/writing/poetry, sculpture, painting, pastels or even knitting – whatever takes your fancy, go ahead and express yourself!

Works can be delivered to collection points at the ASC or Student Services

If you’re interested, you can contact 07402495666 or email at [email protected]