DoES Candidate: Jules Findlay

The Stand has interviewed every sabbatical candidate. If you have any other questions that you’d like us to ask them just email us.   Why do you feel that Director […]

The Stand has interviewed every sabbatical candidate. If you have any other questions that you’d like us to ask them just email us.

Why do you feel that Director of Events and Services is important to St Andrews?

In charge of booking the biggest DJs, comics and musicians? This role is crucial.

What do you believe makes you especially qualified for the job?

I’m by far the most experienced candidate and the only one who can ensure redevelopment happens the way it should: informed by students, about students and for students. Here’s what I’ve been doing with my time: SSC Music Officer (Head of Music is Love), On The Rocks Music Representative, Senior Ambassador for Schools Outreach program (First Chances, The Sutton Trust), Fundraiser for the Annual Giving Campaign, Jazz Works, Amnesty International, musician in SuperCeilidhFragilistic (formerly Ceilidh Minogue), musician in Young Farmers’ Disco, St Regulus Hall Social Rep ’08

What three main principles do you plan to follow during your year as a Sabb?

1. If you come to me with an idea for an event, I’ll make it happen.

2. No Jazz, ever.

3. HUGE nights.

If you could make a major change in St Andrews today what would it be?

Redevelopment, redevelopment, redevelopment!

Any additional comment or message you’d like us to pass on?

Formats get tired and nights get stale – that’s why I’ll be working with independent student groups to create more interesting events. Think Squeeze, B-Sides and Itchy Feet: student promoters and student talent. I’ll be using my contacts with cutting edge agents to bring the best DJs, musicians and comics to St Andrews. I’ll be keeping Tennent’s at £2 and introducing regular 48hr drinks promotions.

(To see all the candidates, click here)

Condiment: Shichimi tōgarashi

Pokemon: Psyduck