60 Hour Film Blitz Giveaway

The 60 Hour Film Blitz is a film festival designed to celebrate the 600th anniversary of St Andrews by encouraging local film makers, students and citizens alike to take to […]

The 60 Hour Film Blitz is a film festival designed to celebrate the 600th anniversary of St Andrews by encouraging local film makers, students and citizens alike to take to the streets of this historic town and get creative by producing a short, three minute film. It runs from the 8th-10th March, no prior experience is necessary and all equipment is provided.

The Byre Theatre will host the gala screening of the finished films on Sunday 11th March, from 7pm (don’t worry, the films aren’t 60hrs long). The best films will receive awards from a panel of highly respected judges, including Chris Fujiwara, the director of the Edinburgh International Film Festival – and the Audience will have their say too! The event will include live music and an after-party in the Byre Theatre café.

So come along, and see just how creative St Andrews can be in the most original and fun night of film entertainment in Fife! Tickets for the gala screening cost £6 and are available through the Byre (online or at their box office). You can also win one of three tickets by liking or sharing The Stand‘s Film Blitz Facebook status. Boom!