Five things you must do this week…

Mrs Warren’s Profession:  George Bernard Shaw’s Mrs Warren’s Profession goes up this week! Shaw’s 1894 play, which was banned for almost thirty years for being ‘immoral and improper’, explores the relationship between […]

Mrs Warren’s Profession:  George Bernard Shaw’s Mrs Warren’s Profession goes up this week! Shaw’s 1894 play, which was banned for almost thirty years for being ‘immoral and improper’, explores the relationship between a young woman and her mother after Vivie’s discovery that her Oxbridge education has been funded by her mother’s earnings from running a string of continental brothels. The play features a stellar cast under the direction of Emily Bray! It goes up in Venue 1 on Tuesday and Wednesday at 7:30pm. Tickets are £5 and available on the door. Here at The Stand we’re offering you the chance to win one of the new Mermaids Unlimited Tickets which gain you entry into all the shows going up before Spring Break. 

We’re just so good to you.

Get your date face on: The Volleyball Club and Project Zambia
have teamed up with Rascals to throw a night inspired by St. Valentine. Starting
at 8pm on Thursday in Rascals, bid for your favourite Saints Sports Athlete and
the highest bidder gets a free candlelit evening spent over dinner with their
date! All the money raised is going to Project Zambia Ideals.  The auction itself is kicking off at 9pm and there will be music until close at 2am. So… The Stand would like to place a few private telephone bids ourselves… 

KK coverage: This will probably drag on for a while, so keep updated with all the changes, all the emotions, all the drama and all the tartan trousers! Supposedly it will all be figured out by a press meeting on Monday, but really, at this point, who knows…

FS 2012: Err… obviously! It’s literally all we’ve been thinking about. Whether it’s Stadium, VIP or Four on the Floor tickets that you’ve got your hands on, one of the biggest nights of the St Andrews calendar is almost here. We’ve been following TWELVE religiously and delighting in the latest videos; we bought our outfit back in December and simply can’t wait for all that champagne. FS 2012 – we’re ready.

Oscar Night:  Post-FS hangover? Feeling pretty binged and like all that glitter and all those beautiful people last night were just a… dream? Tuck into some Empire or
Dervish (does this decision stir more controversy than Meryl Streep getting a
golden statue?) and sob into your pizza box as another Oscar winner thanks their
goldfish “for… like… everything you’ve done for me”.