St Andrews music festival announced

For the first time since Starfields in 2009, St Andrews will be playing host to a two day music festival featuring internationally acclaimed acts.. After a long period of negotiation, […]

For the first time since Starfields in 2009, St Andrews will be playing host to a two day music festival featuring internationally acclaimed acts..

After a long period of negotiation, plans have been finalised for a St Andrews music festival next semester. The event is a joint collaboration between the Students’ Association (famous for S.H.A.G week and Erol Alkan) and Fence Records (famous for playing host to Hot Chip, KT Tunstall, Johnny Flynn and many more).

So long Glastonbury, hello Eye O’ The Dug (it sounds cool so it must be cool). The two day festival is set to run from the 14th to the 15th of April and will see tickets selling for £40 for both days (£35 for students). 

Although Rollo Strickland, organiser and Director of Students Events is keeping tight-lipped on the lineup, The Stand has heard rumours of a Hot Chip set.

For a peek at Fence Records’ Away Game festival last summer, check out the video below.

Photos: © Alan Maguire; © fencerecords.com