You can now book three hour slots in Hartley!

Previously, students were only able to book one hour slots per day

Students are now able to book library slots in Hartley for up to three hours.

A tweet from the university’s library said: “We love having you back in the libraries and to make it easier for you to study in Hartley, spaces can now be booked for one, two or three hours”.

All study spaces must be pre-booked up to seven days in advance. The library’s website says study desks on Levels One and Two can only be booked for one hour, study desks in the Assistive Technology Suite, and Level Four can be booked for up to two hours and study desks on Level Five can be booked for up to three hours.

“If you are nearing the end of your booked time slot you can stay for longer if there are available spaces. Please make an additional booking so that we can monitor capacity.”

In order to comply with social distancing measures study desks are two metres apart, due to this face coverings are not required when sitting at a desk.

You can click here to book a library slot in Hartley Library, the Health Services Library or the Winchester School of Art Library.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

‘I vommed on the Interchange map’: Soton students’ nastiest Freshers’ Week stories

There are 11 pandemic personalities in Soton and you’re definitely one of them

What your Jesters drink of choice says about you