A lit firework was put through letterbox of a house on Tennyson Road
They allegedly then got a letter saying: ‘Next time it will be a bigger bang’
A lit firework was put through a letterbox of a house in Tennyson Road in Portswood, Southampton.
The firework exploded inside the house and left burn marks on the floor, walls, and ceiling. The residents were at home but were left uninjured.
The Daily Echo reported that the residents had also received a letter which allegedly said: “Next time it will be a bigger bang”.
It is believed that police have taken the letter for fingerprinting.
The Hampshire Constabulary is looking for witnesses to the incident. They said: “Did you see anything usual around that time in Tennyson Road and adjoining Portswood Avenue? Please get in touch if you have any information or dash cam footage.
“If you can help, please call 101, quoting reference 44200401366. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
Did you hear about the firework on Tennyson Road? Were you in the house? We’d love to chat – DM us in confidence @sotontab