Still want to Eat Out to Help Out? These are your Soton faves extending the deal!

This makes up for the loss of Freshers’

It is with great delight that the Soton Tab announce Eat Out to Help Out will continue in certain chains here at Southampton. It doesn’t quite replace Freshers’ but it definitely makes it hurt a little less.

Whilst the list may not be as comprehensive as before, there are still some very attractive deals to be had in September:

Franco Manca

If you didn’t make it down to Franco Manca in August, you still have September to take advantage of 50 per cent off all food and drinks. Just as before, it is available Monday to Wednesday and gives you a maximum of £10 off.

I said it before and I’ll say it again: Pizza for £3.50 really does slap (£2.60 for those of you who are dairy intolerant and should probably skip the cheese).

Revs

Don’t worry, I won’t repeat that terrible pun from the last article but I am happy to say Revs will be continuing their August discounts for the rest of September! 50 per cent off all food, soft drinks, and mocktails Monday-Wednesday, no questions asked. They’ve also removed the £1o cap.

Brewhouse and Kitchen

Whilst we might not be heading to Brewhouse between lectures like before, Brewhouse will be offering 25 per cent off your bill! Unlike before, your discount won’t be capped at £10 so therefore if you pay together as a table, you’re still likely to benefit very well from their offer. I should note it’s only 25 per cent off food though, as much as I do love their craft ales.

Wetherspoons

Look we know a certain boss of a certain company isn’t popular but Wetherspoons will be extending their reduced price list. Whilst not quite 50 per cent off everything (for some reason most meals are 48 per cent off), most of the prices remain lowered Monday-Wednesday for the rest of September.

Bill’s

Similarly to Wetherspoons, Bill’s will be extending the discount but on their own new terms. For the rest of the month, you will get almost 50 per cent off your bill at Bill’s (ha) if you order from the set menu. This does include the eight 0z sirlion steak and rosemary fries, as well as the sea bass or risotto.

For example, the steak is now exactly half price at £10 whilst the sea bass £10 instead of £17.95. The starters are only receiving around 30 per cent off.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEhgyrAhUZY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Mango Thai Tapas

Whilst we may have missed Mango off our list in August, we are glad to see their participation this September. With restaurants on both Above Bar Street and Portswood, Mango will be offering 25 per cent off all food and non-alcoholic drinks. You will able to use the discount Monday-Wednesday in their Portswood restaurant and Tuesday-Wednesday at Above Bar.

Coffee No1

If you download the Coffee No1 app before the 11th of September, you can score yourself 50 per cent off any item of food when eating instore. I very much enjoyed a mozzarella panini for £2.50 whilst trying to get my life together.

Toby Carvery

If, like my uni house, you’re too lazy to plan and cook a roast Toby Carvery is continuing eat out to help out discounts for two weeks into September. The nearest branch is located in Eastleigh but the trip is worth it. No t’s and c’s, just 50 per cent off food!

The Jolly Sailor, Hall and Woodhouse Pub

If you don’t fancy a Carvery (I get it- not that fashionable), The Jolly Sailor that overlooks the Hamble Marina is extending the 50 per cent offer. No set menus or terms and conditions, the pub is simply continuing the same offer as eat out to help out. All I can say is, it looks bloody nice inside.

Orange Rooms

Down in Bedford Place, Orange Rooms will be offering an exclusive 2-4-1 on all cocktails every Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday! As well as 50 per cent off selected bottles of beer and house wines, all you need to do is turn up between 4-9pm.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEmf_SVDnXv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

As we students slowly make our way back to Soton, the delights of Portswood await us.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Soton Uni is offering free COVID-19 tests to students

It’s official: No house parties in Southampton from September

Soton has been ranked the 15th best uni in the UK!