Southampton is officially the second best uni in the UK for Nursing!

It’s also fifth best for Nursing in the world

Southampton is the second best university in the country to study Nursing, and the fifth best in the world for it.

According to the new QS World University Rankings released today, we were also rated 37th in the world for Statistics, and eighth in the UK.

Southampton is ranked 40th in the world for Mineral and Mining Engineering, as well as second in the UK – although this is only out of three UK unis. It is also 44th in the world for Archaeology, and ninth in the UK.

Southampton ranked 97th in the world overall. This has gone down one place from last year.

We managed to rank in the top 100 in the world for Earth and Marine Sciences, Psychology, Geography, Civil and Structural Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Medicine and Physics.

Our QS score for this year is a 60.6/100. This score is calculated from a variety of factors, such as academic reputation, employer reputation, quality of research.

In 2019, The Guardian ranked us the 24th best uni in the country, as well as an overall score of 64.9/100.

Despite ranking 93 places behind Oxford, our QS graduate employment rate stands at a 71.6, whilst Oxford’s is 68.4. Our graduate employability rating is the highest it’s been in the last three years.

Our academic reputation scored 50.8, and our employed reputation scored 52.5.

However, we have a sad ranking of 202 in the world for Arts and Humanities and 229 for Social Sciences. Although those don’t look too bad compared to Portsmouth’s 451 for Humanities, and not even placing for Social Sciences!

But the good news is we’re still much higher than Solent, so that’s something.