‘I believe my unique experiences would be beneficial’: Abigail Mustard is running for VP Activities

She plans to update the website and place more emphasis on societies

Hide Images

For the last of the VP Activities interviews we have Abigail Mustard, who believes her experience on society committees and passion for making a difference makes her a good choice for your vote.

Why do you think you’d be good in this role?

I’d be good for the role as I’ve had first hand experience both being a member and on committee for societies which has allowed me to see where we need improvements. I’m also very passionate and want to be a voice to represent all students.

What is the most important point in your manifesto?

I think this is enhancing support given to societies, I’d make myself and my job well known so people would be happy to come and talk to me about issues and any ideas they have for activities, that’s not to say the other points are not important, I’m hoping to achieve a lot if I’m elected.

What is the first thing you’d change if you were elected?

I want to make societies a more prominent feature of the website, I think they are currently under represented and I find areas of the website difficult to navigate and as such societies are missing out on members.

What area of our Student Union do you think needs the greatest improvement?

Electronically the website needs improving, to make it more student friendly and have more relevant information on. In terms of on campus, the cube and bar 2 area are underused after freshers, I think in part due to the cost of hiring it. I’d want to make sure there are activities in there on a frequent basis with a cost that is fair to students.

What makes you different from the other candidates also running for the same position?

I believe everyone running would bring something new to the union and be good in the role, but I believe my unique experiences would be beneficial as well as my degree background in finance which should be a bonus when looking at financing.

How would you celebrate if you won?

Captain Marvel comes out when voting closes, so a cinema trip seems the best celebration.

Any secret talents?

Not so much of a secret as my house have to endure this weekly, but I love to bake and trying to make cakes in a student kitchen is a talent in itself.

What is the maddest thing you’ve done since being at Uni?

Wish I had some crazy story to put here, I did manage to damage my knee getting ready for Christmas ball trying to get into a bath, the 6 weeks on crutches were totally worth a night out in ocies.

Favourite post-night-out food?

You can’t go wrong with cheesy chips.

What is your favourite Soton Tab meme?