Image may contain: Music, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

The Edge and The Box Bar have been named the UK’s best LGBT+ nightclub!

Waheeyyy

The Edge and The Box Bar have been awarded the title of 'UK LGBT nightclub of the year' by iGap, a travel guide company. Aimed at college and University students, but suitable for anyone who ‘wants to explore the world’, the organisation encourages it's subscribers to vote annually for who they think best deserves the coveted titles.

The Daily Echo spoke to Andreas Maragkos, the club’s general manager, who is quoted as attributing this successful result to the fact they ‘are changing and growing and adapting to the needs of the community and taking into account [we] are the last gay club in Southampton but [we] don’t target gays only, [we] are so open. But it’s nice to see that [we] are doing something right.”.

The Edge has been running since 1995, making it Southampton’s longest running LGBT+ nightclub. It is open Tuesday – Saturday and boasts two floors, a multicoloured dancefloor and karaoke. The Box Bar at the back also serves drinks and hot food from 4pm. For more information, visit their Facebook Page.

Image : The Edge