Image may contain: Music, Leisure Activities, Dj, Person, People, Human

Idris Elba is set to DJ at Southampton nightclub Switch in June

‘DJ Big Driis’ will be on the decks

Best known for his lead role in the BBC crime drama series Luther, the Golden Globe award winning actor returns to DJ at one of Southampton's most popular nightclubs – Switch.

You can catch DJ Big Driis at Soton's central club on Friday the 29th June. Entry into Switch on Above Bar Street starts at 10pm and the event ends at 4am the next morning. He will be supported by three other DJ acts on the night.

The 45-year-old's DJ repertoire incorporates a modern mix of house, dance and electronic music. Having previously remixed Skepta's hit single Shutdown, the DJ has gone on to release a brand new track with DJ S.K.T this year.

The star who played Nelson Mandela in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (2013) has also had time to produce spin-off albums such as mi Mandela (2014) and Murdah Loves John (The John Luther Character Album) (2015). The multicultural soul and R&B albums reflect Idris Elba's most poignant acting roles.

An actor, musician, producer and DJ – is there anything Idris Elba cannot do?

Unsurprisingly after his sold out event at Switch back in January 2016, tickets to see Idris Elba's highly anticipated set start at a higher price. First release tickets are now available on Fatsoma for £8. VIP tickets are £20 and include a backstage pass and queue jump.

He is also scheduled to play at Motion in Bristol and Brighton's The Arch this summer, on top of popular music festivals Boomtown, Creamfields and South West Four.

*Image via TIMBAGEEK