Image may contain: Trademark, Logo

LIVEBLOG: ELECTIONS NIGHT LIVE

Let’s get political

IT'S TIME

18:26

Alright motherfuckers, it's almost time for the impromptu elections night live, hosted by the candidates because the union is shit. If you already know who won, keep it to yourself and no-one likes you.

So without futher ado, here is the the live blog for Elections Night Live 2k18. We're focusing on the VPs – the highlights – to clarify.

Hold onto your hats!

18:35

The lighting has changed, shits gonna kick off soon we reckon…

18:47

Arun and Sam (the baes) have just kicked us off with some lovely words about the media heads I would've kicked off with a musical number… but that's just me.

18:48

"Let's get wankered" Arun Aggarwal 2k18

18:49

The sound is shit and we can't hear, but we will persevere. To give all those at home reading an idea of the atmosphere – a possible rugby team is chanting loudly while the sound of murmuring over a microphone rings out around the room. Stay tuned, people.

18:54

First VP coming up! VP Student Community…. and the winner is: The Tab's own EMILY HARRISON WITH OVER 800 VOTES! In the first round Emily got a staggering 1,004!

18:57

A wonderful rendition of 'This is the music for the people' is going on from our rugby pals. Meanwhile, we're onto VP Education…

18:59

SAMUEL DEDMAN! We'd like to congratulate our veteran VP Education Mr. Dedman and we all look forward to another year.

19:03

Congrats to CHARLOTTE and EMILY who have earned the titles of NightLine and Wellbeing Officers respectively!!

19:04

For VP Welfare – a truly competititive position this year with 8 candidates – it's tight. Miriam Barker reportedly has 20% of the vote… stay tuned!

19:05

An insane SEVEN rounds of voting to determine this one! It's between Olivia Reed and Isabella Camilleri….

19:06

Congrats Isabella the new VP Welfare with over 1000 votes! A tight competition and a close result! The Tab's own Iona did impressively well with 592 votes!

19:10

Thea Hartman is our new editor of The Edge! Wessex Scene editor is Ivan Morris Poxter!

19:10

Our new manager of SUSUTV is Ben McQuigg!

19:11

New SURGE station manager is: Polly Marquis!

19:12

Union films manager goes to… Alexander Petrov!!

19:12

Head of clubs and societies by a close 18 votes… congrats Lauren!

19:13

Whew, an exciting few minutes! Upcoming is Democratic Creative Industries! Evie and Tom have both pledged to get "horrifically drunk" if they lose….

19:15

And new DCI is… Evie Reilly! The current DCI, in her speech she said that "campaigning was harder than last year". A tough competition indeed…

19:16

VP Engagement soon to be announced…. stay tuned!

19:17

Congrats to The Tab's Charlotte Colombo who is Community Leader!

19:18

RAG's new president is…. Janane!!

19:19

Now onto the much-awaited VP Engagement…. and it goes to FLEUR! Congrats!

19:21

It's a close one apparently in Sports…

19:22

The new AU officer is: Thomas Walker!

19:23

VP Sports goes to: Stephen Gore!! With almost 2,000 votes, wow!

19:24

We're wrapping things up… only Union President is left to be announced! Tensions are running high here in Wild Lime I can tell you.

19:25

The Tab's Lii Mohammed has sadly been eliminated….

19:28

So has Matt Cowley so OUR NEW UNION PRESIDENT IS: EMILY DAWES! A huge congrats to Emily who truly had a stellar campaign. Emily is very grateful and emotions are running on high…

19:30

All the new sabs are getting are now getting a new photo. How lovely.

All the new sabs are now saying thanks to all you lovely students who voted for these guys.

And that pretty much concludes our #electionnight! Time to get drunk? See you at the bar 😉