Image may contain: Speech, Toy, Teddy Bear, Conference Room, Classroom, Audience, Furniture, Couch, Human, Person, People

Thoughts every English student has during a lecture

If you even turn up that is

Was I meant to read that book?

We all know that fear when your lecturer holds up a book you've never seen in your life and you know full well that tomorrow's seminar will feature a close analysis of it.

I wonder if Shmoop do a good summary

Leading on from the fact that you haven't read the book in the lecturer's hand, you'd better find a summary so that you can get the general gist of a 300 page book in one night, before your seminar tomorrow.

Fuck, that part wasn't in the film

We all know that the film and the book aren't identical, but the director of 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' could have been a little more helpful, by not adding a fire in which is not mentioned, in any way, in the book.

What the hell does that mean?

Just because lecturers have a PhD in English does not mean they need to showcase the longest words they know, I'd rather just be able to understand what they are saying. Seriously, what the fuck does concupiscent mean?

Image may contain: Worker, Shelf, Furniture, Bookcase, Text, Book, Human, Person, People

At least this weeks lecturer is hot

Maybe I'll actually listen to what they're saying.

That's cute, they think we know how to use Delphis

Even cuter, they think we're going to do secondary reading.

Am I indie enough to be on this course?

Why's everyone wearing mom jeans, flannel shirts and Doc Martins?

Thank god that's over

Now I can go home and watch Netflix