We interviewed Love Island’s, and Southampton’s very own, Ellisha-Jade

Team Garcel

What were your reasons for going into the villa?

I was supposed to go into the Villa last year but turned it down, so this year i thought it would just be a bit a bit of fun. I don’t really get holidays due to owning my own small business so decided it would be a good time to chill out, have a good time, make some new friends and enjoy the opportunity. Not many people can say they have been in the show!

How did you get into writing your blog?

I had a blog years ago but stopped writing (back when no one had even heard of blogging). After my second year of uni I wanted something creative to be able to showcase things that I love as well as being able to use my photography skills again. I also love Southampton and thought I would combine that, to add in my favourite places here. Which has turned out great as I now do a lot of restaurant reviews and things like that.

What are your favourite things about Southampton?

I love that everyone in Southampton sticks together and small businesses are so in tune with each other. I also think at the moment, it’s such a city of opportunity and prosperity with new businesses opening and new developments being built. It’s all about making it somewhere amazing to live and work, and it really is getting there.

Who are you rooting for to win Love Island?

I’m rooting for Gabby and Marcel to win the show. All of the boys are so lovely but there is something so genuinely kind about Marcel and I think they are really into each other so I will be rooting for them!

What are your plans now you have left the villa?

My plans now are kind of the same as when I went in to be honest! Continue to work on my business and my blog and do the work I love. I would like to spend some more time in London and maybe get into a bit of modelling but who knows, I’m happy with how things are going so far!