Surge radio to host 48 hour marathon for Comic Relief

The show will begin at Midnight tonight!

A team of more than 40 volunteers will descend on the Redbrick tonight to raise money for Comic Relief. Donning Red Noses, students from across the university will be broadcasting live from the Surge website.

Featuring shows from the sabbatical officers, competitions, challenges and live games, the marathon is jam packed with witty banter and banging tunes. Tab Chat even have a slot from 2-3pm (so be sure to listen in for all our regular fun – including our infamous alternative news segment). Overnight teams will be braving the cold in mammoth hours-long shows.

Vice-President Democracy and Creative Industries of Union Southampton added “I’m very excited to see Surge are back at it again for their 48 Hour Marathon! It’s great that they are doing this for such a good cause, and I can’t wait to hear the amazing content they come up with.”

Surge radio programme controller, Polly Marquis,  said ‘We’ve got such a great, hardworking team together for our 48-hour marathon – I’m so excited to see how much money we can raise after all the effort we’ve all put in!’

Follow the red nose day marathon across social media with the hashtag #surge48

You can donate here to support Surge Radio.