Game of Thrones stars perform amazing set at Fresher's Ball

It was a Rave of Thrones on Saturday night at the Freshers Ball when two stars from the hugely popular television show, Game of Thrones, performed a DJ set.   […]

It was a Rave of Thrones on Saturday night at the Freshers Ball when two stars from the hugely popular television show, Game of Thrones, performed a DJ set.  

Hodor about to drop shutdown

Kristian Nairn, who plays Hodor in the hit show, and Finn Jones, (Loras Tyrell), performed to over 2000 freshers as the DJ duo Rave of Thrones.

Working the decks like he worked Renly Baratheon

The set was complete with spectacular special effects, including fire displays and angle grinders.

The lord of Light blessing these freshers

They even set up a replica Iron Throne, for freshers to have their photo taken in. For anyone who watches the show, you will know how hotly contested that seat is.

Daenerys who?

The Iron Throne of SUSU has a new King

Other than performing, the two stars also spent time meeting and taking pictures with fans in the crowd.

Don’t tell Joffrey

Winter isn’t the only thing coming tonight.

Union President, Ben Franklin told the Daily Echo “The Freshers’ Ball this year was the biggest and best I’ve seen in my three years here, attracting some great DJs including actors from Game of Thrones and a carnival theme that made for impressive décor.”

“It was one of the most elaborate events we’ve had and I’m proud of everybody who was involved in pulling it off.”

In addition to the stars from Game of Thrones, the night included acts from BBC Radio 1’s Danny Howard, DUKE and a variety of circus acts.

After last years disastrous Fresher’s Ball, it seems that SUSU has truly redeemed themselves this year.

Let us know what you thought about this years Fresher’s Ball in the comments below!