BBC Radio One coming to Southampton Uni

On 9th October BBC Radio 1 DJs Scott Mills and Southampton alumnus Chris Stark will be visiting Southampton University.  With Stark being an ex Surge DJ, and one of the coolest […]

On 9th October BBC Radio 1 DJs Scott Mills and Southampton alumnus Chris Stark will be visiting Southampton University. 

With Stark being an ex Surge DJ, and one of the coolest things to come out of Southampton University in recent years, it’s always pretty exciting when he returns.

Southampton is the last of five university that the pair of DJs will be visiting over the course of a week on Scott Mills’ Student Tour.

From 1-4 pm on the 9th October Scott and Chris will broadcast their BBC Radio One show directly from Southampton University, speaking and interacting with actual Southampton University students.

They have also confirmed that they will be bringing their fan favourite LOL features and innuendo bingo. So you may get a chance to get wet with Scott and Chris.

Chris has said that: “This is going to be a LOT of fun. I can’t wait to show Scott everything that university is about. Radio 1 was the soundtrack to my time at uni so I can’t wait to go back.”

Union President Ben Franklin said “We were so pleased when Radio 1 approached SUSU as a possible venue and I hope the announcement of Scott and Chris’s tours add to the excitement of this time of year“.

Zainab, a second year Anthropology student, and part time Surge DJ told us: “I am really excited about possibly meeting Chris who was once on Surge like me. It gives you hope that one day any of us can make it.”

Like the Soton Tab Facebook page, or follow us @SotonTab for updates on how to get involved with Scott and Chris when they visit.