SUSU launch student jobs scheme

Today SUSU launched their latest initiative, SURecruit, to get students in part-time work. The Union already offer a limited number of part-time jobs within their own institution but this campaign […]

Today SUSU launched their latest initiative, SURecruit, to get students in part-time work.

The Union already offer a limited number of part-time jobs within their own institution but this campaign is aimed at getting students external employment.

Money = Fun, right?

The scheme works by the recruitment manager finding part-time work in the city and giving it to students.

Participants in the scheme will be paid through the Union and will essentially be employees of SUSU.

The office will be based outside the Bridge and the scheme is free for students.

Union President, Ben Franklin, told the Soton Tab:

It will help students by offering a wide selection of student jobs; students will be hired as though they are employees of the Union and be paid by the Union to work in part time jobs around the city.

The policy was put in motion in March 2014 and has finally come to fruition, with service beginning in September.

Good idea? Can you see the service being effective? Let us know in the comments below!