Ashley Madison leaks reveal dozens of signups from Southampton University accounts

The massive leak of user data in the Ashley Madison leaks has revealed that 24 seedy staff or students had signed up to the cheating website from Southampton University emails. […]

The massive leak of user data in the Ashley Madison leaks has revealed that 24 seedy staff or students had signed up to the cheating website from Southampton University emails.

Southampton’s 24 signups to the site is enough to place it 13th nationally for sleazy staff members. Lincoln came out the cleanest of all the universities involved in the leaks, with just two signups.

Surprisingly, the most innocent Russell Group uni was Manchester, with only 10 signups.

Meanwhile, Cambridge, Kent and UCL were all ahead of Southampton in terms of exposed cheaters, with around 35 signups each.

However, these were all well behind the clear champion of slimy love-rats, Queen’s Belfast, who lead with an outrageous 50 signups.

The Tab have also confirmed over 150 lecturers across the country have used their institution’s email address to sign up, possibly in an attempt to hide their double-lives from their partners.

Though only 150 of the emails can be verified as staff members, almost 1700 university email addresses in total have been released by the hackers- and the rest could even be students who are still at their universities.

Although the staff involved in the leaks cannot be named, the Tab’s research shows that geography tutors, librarians, careers staff and even a college gardner have potentially had their sordid affairs exposed by the leaks.

These staff members have also had their personal details and sexual fantasies leaked by hackers. Sexual fantasies disclosed by the users themselves included threesomes and bondage.

However, as users of Ashley Madison are not required to authenticate their account through emails, it has already been suggested that the identities of many disclosed in the leaked emails may not be genuine.

SNP MP Michelle Thomson this morning claimed her identity had been “harvested” by the hackers as part of a smear campaign leading to her email being listed in the leaks.

What do you think of these leaks? Let us know in the comments below.