FIGHTSTAR To Play At SUSU

The ‘band that killed Busted’ are returning from a five year hiatus, and will be coming to Southampton as part of their comeback tour. Teenage girls and vintage eyebrow enthusiasts will […]

The ‘band that killed Busted’ are returning from a five year hiatus, and will be coming to Southampton as part of their comeback tour.

Charlie and others

Teenage girls and vintage eyebrow enthusiasts will be delighted to hear that Fightstar will play the University of Southampton’s Garden Court on the 18th of October. Tickets went on sale Wednesday, and cost £15.

Fans of the four-piece will be all too aware that the post-hardcore alternative rock band haven’t released any new music since their third album Be Human in 2009, after which the members left to work on other projects.

Frontman Charlie Simpson has been the busiest, bringing out two solo albums titled Young Pilgrim and Long Road Home, while also pulling wet blanket duty on the McBusted reunion. Other members Alex Westaway and Dan Haigh have worked on several film soundtracks, while drummer Omar Abidi has kept quiet.

Always dreamed of seeing Fightstar in the flesh? Let us know in the comments!