Student Activists Launch Campaign Against 'Parking C***s'

A group of keen student activists have started a blog to tackle Southampton’s endemic double-yellow parking crisis. The leaders of Tumblr blog and radical social movement ‘iparklikeacunt‘, who have asked […]

A group of keen student activists have started a blog to tackle Southampton’s endemic double-yellow parking crisis.

The leaders of Tumblr blog and radical social movement ‘iparklikeacunt‘, who have asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons, told the Soton Tab they started their campaign because “crappy parking affects us and other people trying to get around”.

The intention of the blog is to “send them a clear message” and make them “confront their cunt-ness head on”.

Overcompensating for not knowing the Highway Code?

This gang of free-thinking vigilantes claim to have started the blog as “[they] thought it’d be fun”.

They added “The worst thing about shitty parking is that you rarely get to confront the person responsible; they get to be a cunt and walk away”.

When asked why they chose the word ‘cunt’ they responded that “not a lot of thought went into it”, adding “you don’t piss anyone off by calling them a nincompoop.”

This monster has already been featured twice

‘Steve’, speaking on behalf of the blog, told us “none of [their] friends outside of the small group of us contributing to IPLAC know about it … We’d like to preserve that as much as possible.”

The vast majority of the snaps feature the double yellow lines on the portion of Westridge Road which intersects Portswood Road. ‘Steve’ commented that the reason for this bias is primarily that “having all of those cars parked illegally up either side of the road makes the area genuinely a little dangerous for pedestrians”.

No good for my blood pressure

He added “I think it gets more attention on the blog because it’s along the route we all take to get home from campus”.

I need a lie down

Anyone still doubting the legitimacy of their cause will be surprised to discover they’ve even had business cards printed, to leave as a Joker-esque calling card to their “cunt” victims.

Yes, this is real.

The typically secretive admins would not reveal the exact cost of their signature cards, but claimed they “wouldn’t have bothered at all if they’d cost more than [a tenner].”

Have you been left devastated by a business card in your windscreen? Equally traumatised by local parking standards? Let us know in the comments below.