Solent Graduate aiming for Miss England crown

A graduate from Solent University has become 2015’s Hampshire entry for the Miss England pageant competition. The reigning Miss Hampshire, Larissa Hirst, is preparing to take on the next big […]

A graduate from Solent University has become 2015’s Hampshire entry for the Miss England pageant competition.

The reigning Miss Hampshire, Larissa Hirst, is preparing to take on the next big challenge in pageant competitions.

The 25 year old oil and gas journalist (kinky), who originates from Hampshire is looking forward to competing against the 36 other finalists from all around the country.

The finals will be held at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry on 13th & 14th August 2015 where the winner will get the chance to represent the nation at the next Miss World final in Sanya China.

Larissa also strives to prove that pageant competitions are not as superficial as many people think. When we spoke to Larissa, she told us how:

One of the main parts of my role is to fundraise and raise awareness of local charities. I am passionate about the NHS after my boyfriend was diagnosed with testicular cancer in October 2014 

Larissa and her boyfriend, Ian Parker, raised more than £2000 for the ward that treated him and the Miss World official charity: Beauty with a Purpose. 

However, Miss Hampshire doesn’t stop there, she is involved in lots of other charity events. She told us how:

Some upcoming charity work I am planning includes a tea party at the hospital for the younger patients and a village green fete in Marchwood where my parents live.

Although Larissa is only one of 37 finalists that will be competing to become ‘Miss England’ she is very clear in the message that she wishes to present. When speaking to the Daily Echo, she explained how she believes:

I’m certainly not the prettiest or smartest girl in Southampton, but I hope to encourage other young women to get involved in charity work and become more confident in their own skin.

You can find Larissa on her Facebook page and Twitter account. Let us know what you think about Larissa and her bid for Miss England 2015 in the comments section below.