Southampton rises five places in Guardian University League Tables

This year is proving a successful one for the University of Southampton. After rising two places in the Complete University Guide rankings, the University has now risen five places in the Guardian […]

This year is proving a successful one for the University of Southampton. After rising two places in the Complete University Guide rankings, the University has now risen five places in the Guardian University Rankings, going from 19th to 14th.

This acceleration up the league table has led Southampton to overtake fellow Russell Group Universities, Edinburgh and York.

Southampton also ranked first for both Engineering: Electronic & Electrical and Media & Film Studies, scoring 100% in both. Beating the likes of Exeter and UCL, a major achievement.

We also scored in the top 10 for: Education, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, English & Creative Writing, Computer Science & Information Systems, Modern Languages & Linguistics, Fashion & Textiles, Philosophy, Health Professionals, Music and Psychology. For more information click here.

Unfortunately, it is not good news for all the universities on the table. Our dear friends at Southampton Solent University have gone down seven places this year from 107th to 114th.

The league table can be viewed here.

What do you think about the rise up the Guardian league table? Will we ever be number one overall? Let us know in the comments below.