Sobar is transforming into a Secret Garden Cinema

Tuesday-night-favourite, Sobar, is transforming it’s much-loved garden into an outdoor cinema. This summer, Sobar is being converted into a Secret Garden Cinema for two days. Described on Facebook as “An […]

Tuesday-night-favourite, Sobar, is transforming it’s much-loved garden into an outdoor cinema.

This summer, Sobar is being converted into a Secret Garden Cinema for two days.

Described on Facebook as “An outdoor cinematic experience where you can eat, drink and watch movies in a way never seen before in Southampton”, this is definitely one to tick off the bucket list.

The first film to be shown is The Hangover on June 12th, followed by Silence of the Lambs on June 13th.

Tickets are £12 and include a glass of bubbly or a non-alcoholic summer spritzer.

Hot food and cinema snacks, including gourmet burgers and hotdogs, nachos, popcorn and lots of sweets treats can be bought on the night.

The usual Sobar drinks will be on offer but also a variety of new summer cocktails.

On both days, doors open at 7:30pm and the film starts promptly at 8:30pm.

Sobar will remain open after the film for the fun to continue and drinks will be available.

This is an over 18s only event so don’t forget your ID.

There are only 100 tickets per screening and can be bought here for The Hangover and here for Silence of the Lambs.

We spoke to Becky, the Manager of Sobar, to ask her what inspired this event:

The idea came about when we were discussing the fact that we had a unique outdoor space and maybe we should do more with it. We were chatting about The Garden Parties we do every summer which people love the garden for. We had also seen it in other large cities and thought why not.

We also asked Becky the all-important question: What happens if it rains?

If it rains the show will still go on, we have the underneath area, we have tents and we will have ponchos!

Becky went on to say that if the screenings are a success then they may do more.

Think you’ll go along to this Secret Garden Cinema? Let us know in the comments!