Help Vixens Conquer America

Southampton Vixens 2013/2014 Dance Squad have been awarded a partial bid to compete in Florida in a few weeks, and they need your help to get there. As a result […]

Southampton Vixens 2013/2014 Dance Squad have been awarded a partial bid to compete in Florida in a few weeks, and they need your help to get there.

As a result of their amazing achievements in 2014, including being crowned ICC ‘Grand Champions’, the team have the opportunity to represent the University of Southampton and England this April.

Southampton Vixens 2013/2014 Dance Squad

Through sponsors, fundraisers and even bake sales the squad have raised 17% of their £5000 target. If they do not reach at least 50% of this target they don’t get a single penny.

Donations help towards their flights, accommodation and travel while abroad on this once in a lifetime opportunity. Have a look at their fundraising page here.

The sweet taste of victory

Elayda Hearne, second year Chemistry student and Vixens Social Secretary, told us how she feels about this opportunity:

We worked really hard all last year towards nationals. We didn’t do as well as would have liked in our first two competitions but we kept working hard at it and eventually won nationals, which was the best feeling!

We were so excited when we got the bid to Daytona, as the opportunity is amazing and we’ve never done something like this before.

Take a look at the girls in action performing their winning routine in 2014:

After Southampton crushed Portsmouth at Varsity a few weeks ago, help these Southampton Vixens take on America!

Follow Southampton Vixens on Facebook and Twitter and see their fundraising Facebook page here.