What exactly is SUSU Lettings?

There are loads of letting agencies in Portswood, but did you know SUSU have their own one right here on campus? You’ll find SUSU Lettings on Highfield Campus in the […]

There are loads of letting agencies in Portswood, but did you know SUSU have their own one right here on campus?

You’ll find SUSU Lettings on Highfield Campus in the heart of the Student Union. Thanks to its prime location, they have unrivaled access to 23,000 students, giving it a unique opportunity to market properties before they look to high street agents.

SUSU currently have a variety of student properties to let, with this number slightly increasing as the year progresses. They work with multiple landlords, offering a diverse array of properties ranging from a studio flat to an eight bedroom house.

While they don’t offer short-term contracts, with the majority of contracts lasting 12 months, they do occasionally offer ten-month contracts for those of you going home over summer!

We spoke to Becky Thomas, VP Welfare 2014-2015, about SUSU Lettings. She said:

SUSU Lettings was opened to provide students with an agency who put student rights before profit. There are no fees, which is great!

So many students came to the SUSU Housing Advice Fayre in January, which suggests they didn’t neccessairly rush to find a house before Christmas; this was the whole point of the Don’t Rush campaign!

You can pop into SUSU Lettings to look for a house, or register your interest for future houses.

So if you are still looking for a house for next year, don’t panic and pop in for a visit.

You can ‘like’ SUSU Lettings on Facebook and follow them Twitter for more information. They’ve even got a blog.

Have you used SUSU Lettings? Let us know your thoughts on it in the comments!