A Crêpe Shack is coming to campus

There will be a crêpe shack ran by students on campus next week. Winners of the SUSU Pop-Up Business Competition, Third Year students Tom King, Tom Hardman and Zoe Ray […]

There will be a crêpe shack ran by students on campus next week.

Winners of the SUSU Pop-Up Business Competition, Third Year students Tom King, Tom Hardman and Zoe Ray have created a student-run business that sells traditional crepes on campus, The Crêpe Shack.

‘Mouth watering crêpes on the go’, is the slogan for the new upcoming student business.

With a pop-up stand smack-bam in the middle of campus opening next Monday, this couldn’t be more accurate.

On the 16th of Feb (aptly the day before Pancake Day) students can buy delicious crepes before lectures for the meagre price of £2.50.

The Crêpe Shack team’s business initiative and entrepreneurship is admirable to say the least.

Funding from SUSU and Career Destinations (their award as winners) is only offered to the most promising student entrepreneurs. Its fair to say that Tom, Zoe and Tom are inspirations for any student who wants to start up their own business and take advantage of the student market whilst at university.

Tom King, co-founder studying Financial Marketing, is extremely excited to get the business up and running next Monday:

The Crepe Shack is going to be a fun, interactive business, not only providing delicious crepes on the go, but engaging with customers to really understand what they want to us to do next. It is great to have won the Pop-Up shop competition with the University as it has allowed us to transform our business idea and make it a reality.’

It’s certainly about time we started investing into smaller, student-run businesses, rather than mindlessly spending cash on mediocre sandwiches from  The Piazza and The Shop.

Putting a couple of pounds into companies like the The Crêpe Shack is not only good value for money, but also allows students like Tom, Tom and Zoe to develop their own businesses after graduating, a daunting period for any student.

Tom Hardman, another co-founder, said:

The first event will allow us to gain vital customer feedback of our products, which we can then listen to and evolve our business.’

Zoe Ray, a third year Art student, has been able to apply her degree skills to the graphic design of the business. She said:

Winning the competition has helped us to understand the key challenges small businesses face and the way these can be overcome.’

Come to campus on Monday and support Tom, Tom and Zoe of the The Crêpe Shack Co. on the 16th of Feb.

Follow them on Twitter and Like their page on Facebook