Best of Ski Trip 2014

This year the Southampton University Ski and Snowboard Club ventured to Les Arcs for their annual winter trip. 370 people tackled the 18 hour coach journey to Les Arcs, France, […]

This year the Southampton University Ski and Snowboard Club ventured to Les Arcs for their annual winter trip.

370 people tackled the 18 hour coach journey to Les Arcs, France, for a fun filled week of snow, skiing and Sambuca.

After giving him some time to recover, we spoke to Nick Smith, President of SUSSC:

Les Arcs was Southampton’s biggest and fastest selling trip in recent years. We were super proud to achieve this as a committee.

With over 60 coming for a group ski, the most exciting socials (shout out to Eton Messy), and the unforgettable mountain meal – Les Arcs was definitely one of our top trips to date.

We apologise for mother nature’s poor snow choice, and a slight delay on the ferry with Christmas traffic. I wish we could have avoided either of these as much as you!

Whether you want to re-live the memories or see what really happens on ski trip, we’ve selected the best pics from this year’s trip for you to enjoy.

Ski trip 28

Ski trip 26

Ski trip 25

Ski trip 22

Ski trip 23

Ski trip 19

Ski trip 10

Ski trip 13

Ski trip 2

Ski trip 5

Ski trip 17

Ski trip 32

Ski trip 33

Ski trip 37Ski trip 3Ski trip 38

Ski trip 40

Ski trip 41

Ski trip 42There was also some fun off the slopes…

Ski trip 31

Ski trip 30

Ski trip 29

Ski trip 21

Ski trip 16

Ski trip 15

Ski trip 7

Ski trip 6

Ski trip 1

The obligatory scenic shots…

Ski trip 35

Ski trip 34

Ski trip 14

Ski trip 12

Ski trip 11

Ski trip 9Until next year…

Ski trip 36

Looks like you all had an absolute ball!

Here are a final few words from Nick;

Massive thanks to the 370 who came. You made these socials huge, the skiing fantastic and the NUCO staff complimentary about Southampton. So, thank you!

Be sure to check out our Val Thorens Easter trip for a sunnier, and (hopefully) more snow-driven, experience. Launching soon!

Do you have any better pictures? Tweet them to us @SotonTab!