Kind stranger posts student's purse to her London house – after she lost it in Jesters

A grateful Soton student was amazed to receive her purse in the post – after she’d lost it on a night out 80 miles away. Third year Geographer Lucy Dyer went […]

A grateful Soton student was amazed to receive her purse in the post – after she’d lost it on a night out 80 miles away.

Third year Geographer Lucy Dyer went to Jesters Winter Wonderland last Thursday.

The 20-year-old awoke the next morning with no memory of the night or getting home.

Lucy’s talented photography after a Jesticle or two.

Lucy was lucky enough to find a few of her personal belongings scattered around her bedroom, but her purse was not among them.

I was very happy to still have my phone but was baffled as to how I had my debit card and some cash but no purse. In it was my driving license, student ID, my Jesters Gold Card and some money.

After a quick chat with her housemates, Lucy found out she shared a taxi with a friend and was home by 12:10am.

I’m also very embarrassed that I probably didn’t even make it to 12 in Jesters.

After anxious phone calls to Clowns, Jesters, several Southampton taxi services and the police station, Lucy had no good news.

I’m always so organised. It was so annoying.

A sad Snapchat from Lucy

It was on Monday Lucy got a phone call from her Mum in South London. A package had arrived at her Wandsworth Common home address containing her purse and all her belongings.

A student’s Christmas miracle if ever there was one!

The best present Lucy will get this year?

So someone found my purse in Southampton, looked at my driving license and posted it to my house in London and didn't take anything! To whoever you are I wish you'd left a note so I could thank you! xxx

Posted by Lucy Dyer on Monday, December 15, 2014

The purse arrived safely to Lucy’s parents with nothing taken out. Santa’s good-willed elf even left in Lucy’s prized Jesters Gold Card in her purse!

My Mum was really confused because I hadn’t told her I’d lost it. She was like ‘Have you lost your purse and not told me?’ Oops sorry Mum!

There were even some Tab stickers in Lucy’s purse.

It really does restore your faith in humanity…a massive thanks to my knight in shining armour.

A very grateful Lucy sent a very happy Snap Chat

I’m also grateful that I’m lazy and hadn’t gotten round to ordering a new driving license or student ID.

Do you know this Good Samaritan? Let us know in the comments below